If you’re looking for a delicious and unique way to serve up pork chops, look no further than this recipe for panko-encrusted pork loin chops with green and black olive tapenade. With a crispy exterior and juicy, tender interior, these pork chops are sure to become a family favorite. Plus, the addition of the homemade olive tapenade takes this dish to a whole new level of flavor.
- 4 pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the olive tapenade:
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each pork chop first in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then in the beaten eggs, and finally in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the pork chops to ensure a good coating.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- While the pork chops are cooking, prepare the olive tapenade. In a small bowl, combine the green olives, black olives, capers, lemon juice, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the pork chops are done cooking, let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the pork chops topped with a generous spoonful of olive tapenade.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for panko-encrusted pork loin chops with green and black olive tapenade. It’s the perfect way to jazz up your weeknight dinners with a unique and flavorful twist. Happy cooking!