Are you looking for a delicious and refreshing summer dish? Look no further than Tilapia Ceviche! This dish combines the juicy, tangy flavors of ceviche with the light and flaky texture of Tilapia, making for an incredible taste experience. And when paired with a crisp Michelada, you have the perfect summer day!
I discovered this dish on a snorkeling excursion in Puerto Vallarta. The deck hands caught fresh sea bass and prepared ceviche on deck. It was the perfect combination of good food, cold beer, and great memories. Now, I want to share this recipe with you so that you can enjoy the same flavors at home.
- 1 pound Tilapia, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Place Tilapia pieces in a bowl and cover with fresh lime juice. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, avocado, salt, and pepper to the Tilapia. Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the ceviche for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- To make the Michelada, fill a salt-rimmed glass with ice. Add 4 ounces of your favorite beer, 2 ounces of fresh lime juice, and a dash of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and enjoy with the Tilapia Ceviche.
This Tilapia Ceviche recipe is perfect for a summer day and is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Grab some Tilapia and limes and let’s get started!